Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Song 5 - Artist in the Industry

Song 5 - Artist in the Industry (rap)

(spoken)You know you always go through life
doing the right thing
get married
have children
go to school
too many degrees
and then what?

....now I got this.

husband? that's a wrap
children - they grew up
degrees - I have a lot to show for 'em.

Can I do me now?

(rap) I wanna paint
write poetry
do spoken word and sing
no dance.

Who has your back when you start
a new chapter in your life.

Can I stop being corporate enough
to enjoy this?

Don't get me wrong --
An MBA is good

....now I run this.

(spoken) There are two ways to go.
You can be an industry artist or
an artist in this industry. (hmmmm)

I saw that before I jumped into the game.
So many brilliant minds and dreams shattered
because they couldn't play this new game.

....and I run this.


©2009 Claretta Taylor Webb, Innovative Global Publishing. All Rights Reserved
ASCAP Member since 2007 - Claretta Webb & Innovative Global Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment